Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quasselstripper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2016
Southern Germany
Last week when I pre-ordered my new phone, I selected to pick it up at the local Apple Store.

now I really regret doing this because instead of having it conveniently delivered to my home local, the Apple Store told me to queue with all the people outside and the queue didn’t move for half an hour so I went back home without the phone.

Is this normal?

From my past experience with Apple pick ups: when you have a reservation, you have to wait five minutes maximum.

Did they change the guidelines on this?

elopedthought

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
Release Day is always very busy. On other days it is like you said, about 5 min wait. In Vienna at least.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Last week when I pre-ordered my new phone, I selected to pick it up at the local Apple Store.

now I really regret doing this because instead of having it conveniently delivered to my home local, the Apple Store told me to queue with all the people outside and the queue didn’t move for half an hour so I went back home without the phone.

Is this normal?

From my past experience with Apple pick ups: when you have a reservation, you have to wait five minutes maximum.

If you have a pick up time, shouldn't you be turning up a few mins before the time slot? (gives time to park or walk if using public transport). You should only have to queue if you arrive too early.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023

Is this normal?

That’s interesting. If you did pre-order last week, you do have 7 days to pick it up as they will hold it for 7 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.