Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paigehanekom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
have recently just purchased a brand new iPhone XR after having serious problems with my iPhone 6. It would automatically shut down my apps while on them, and some apps would not even open when I tapped on them. My Instagram would not open unless I downloaded it every time, however once I exited the app and tried to go back into it, it would not open.

however, now that I have a BRAND NEW iPhone XR, I am having the EXACT SAME issues and am wondering how I can get rid of this?? I have done absolutely everything that has been suggested including:

-the latest version of Instagram (including bug fixes)

-restarting my phone

-deleting the app and re downloading it

-I have wiped my whole phone

-Updated my back up 3 times from iCloud

-Deleted recent apps (almost all of them) that could be impacting the fact that Instagram doesn’t work

-I have bought more memory

-Factory reset

-Emailed/ messages Instagram numerous times (with no reply)

PLEASE can someone advise me on what to do???

Thanks so so much I’m advance!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Yeah, start over.
Completely wipe & restore as new BUT don't use any of your backup data. Use the phone a couple days without installing anything. See if the phone is stable. If it's then working ok, download a new copy of your most suspicious app and see if any problems pop up. If not, try another etc.
Do it one at a time to be able to pinpoint what app (if any) causes that problem.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Yep, seems to be some corrupted iOS settings. Restore the backup > get additional iCloud storage > enable sync for all possible data (NOT backup, sync) > put your phone charging for 2 nights in a row with a robust Wi-Fi connection so all data could sync > reset to factory and set up as new > resync all data (NOT restore the backup, resync). You should be fine after this.

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
It is very possible. The easiest way to find out is to do a reset through iTunes and set it up as new. If the problem corrects itself, then there's your solution...

The first thing that I would try is "Reset All Settings" and see what happens. Never hurts to try if you're going to wipe it anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.