Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budhardy

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
I’d like to say “hey Siri, set alarm” and have my best app open and set the alarm. I’ve figure out how to make a shortcut to open an app, but I want it to open and then complete a task in the app. How can this be done?

Thanks

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I’d like to say “hey Siri, set alarm” and have my best app open and set the alarm. I’ve figure out how to make a shortcut to open an app, but I want it to open and then complete a task in the app. How can this be done?

Thanks
The app has to support Siri shortcuts. An app that supports Siri Shortcuts can suggest you create a shortcut based on your common actions or one you just did (I think). Basically it’s down the app developer to help you out there.

Reactions: BlueCreek

techpr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
San Juan, PR
I want to make a Siri / Voice Shortcut for Keynote to open an specific presentation.key file. I can do that but found that once I run the shortcut the .key file duplicates itself on the iCloud Keynote folder (presentation.key 1 - presentation.key 2...3...4 and so on).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.