Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I currently use a program called Silhouette Connect and they haven't released a 64 bit version of the app yet. They are almost always about a year behind on releases for that app, the version that support Adobe CC 2019 was just released a couple months ago. Really don't want to have to wait that long to be able to upgrade my software, but need to be able to use that app to make orders for my Etsy shop....

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? I have already tried asking Silhouette about it and they said they are working on an update but do not have a date to expected it by yet.

Thanks in advance!! ?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
No 32 bit apps will work on Catalina

see this thread

Might be good to stay on Mojave if that software is critical for you

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Stick with Mojave for now. Why do you need Catalina?
I really like the new sidecar feature to be able to use my iPad Pro and the pencil while working within Illustrator. Im a graphic designer & marketing manager so being able to hand draw stuff would be a lot easier for me!

Plus, I initially was going to upgrade and buy a new MacBook Pro this year for my Etsy shop, but now I can't since the app I need won't work! Which is fine, I'll just wait till next years model, but its still annoying that I can't use the current apple software because other companies are slow with updates. ?

Reactions: mikzn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.