Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alebar14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Auckland CBD, New Zealand
Hi Guys,

I have been browsing around and thinking to buy a digital point and shoot camera.

I am looking for a pocket digital photography as well as digital video recording. Sanyo Xacti HD1 / HD2 , Canon Powershot TX-1, or other Sony-youtube-cam are not in my league.

Kodak interests me in their Z-series and V-series with a good price. I am looking at Z-1285 and V-1253 because of their 12 Megapixel and HD 720p video recorder that fitted to my budget.

Not so many image samples from their market. Reviews around the web mostly not satisfied with Z-1285.Yesterday, I am walking around the city today, and most camera shop selling Nikon, Canon, Fuji, etc. except Kodak that left aside.

Any good praises about Kodak?

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
My experience (never actually owned a Kodak though my brother did) is that when Canons first came out, they introduced the 'easy digital camera' for the average consumer. Remember "Easy Share?" Pretty much I think every digital camera brand jumped the bandwagon and left Kodak out in the cold. Although Kodak cameras are still sold, they are not nearly as good IMO as the similarly priced Canon point and shoots.

As far as reviews, I am sure sites such as Amazon and newegg have plenty of customer reviews.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I used a 5mp Kodak easy share back when it was the "best" or at least most expensive p+s on the market. At the time I was happy to have it, but having moved on to better equipment, I have realized what truly poor image quality I was getting out of the Kodak, and I had to have it repaired three times before i finally sold it. (thank heaven for bestbuy's extended warranty) I think you can definitely get better for your money in a p+s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.