Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greedist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
A3668368-53AC-4684-8317-8FF19573EAB6.png

I'm currently using the aldente app and Belkin dock pro3, but I don't know what's wrong.

I need help šŸ™

I'm currently using smb and sftp, so I checked if there was an incoming signal with the tcpdump command, but there was no problem.

Thank you in advance šŸ™

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Thank you in advance šŸ™
You don't need AlDente. Apple will take care of your battery health and lifetime and keep it from overloading. Docks and drives can keep your Mac from going to sleep. You should test that by plugging them out. But what's really going on here is TCPKeepAlive. Switching that off solves a lot of insomnia problems.

Sleep Aid ā€” Ohanaware

Install the 14-day Trial version. Sleep Aid will tell you exactly what keeps your Mac from sleeping and what woke it up again. And there's a simple checkbox under 'Sleep Settings' to switch off "Keep network connections alive".

greedist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
You don't need AlDente. Apple will take care of your battery health and lifetime and keep it from overloading. Docks and drives can keep your Mac from going to sleep. You should test that by plugging them out. But what's really going on here is TCPKeepAlive. Switching that off solves a lot of insomnia problems.

Sleep Aid ā€” Ohanaware

Install the 14-day Trial version. Sleep Aid will tell you exactly what keeps your Mac from sleeping and what woke it up again. And there's a simple checkbox under 'Sleep Settings' to switch off "Keep network connections alive".
Thank you very much for the detailed answer.
But if you turn off the "Keep network connections alive" feature, isn't it impossible to connect to smb or sftp? šŸ˜­

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.