Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lpuerto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Europe
Hey!

I just got a home pod mini and I would like to know if it's possible to set up for more than one language. I had a Google Home Mini and it was possible to have two languages —English and Spanish for example— but it seems that on the HomePod is not possible. Am I wrong?

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Unfortunately I believe it's not possible . I'd love that also for English and French ;-))

lpuerto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Europe
damn, that's a pity… I love how the thing sounds, but that is should a must.

We are two Spaniard living in Switzerland… for us it wouldn't be interesting not only have two, but three languages (English, Spanish and German, which we are trying to learn). The main problem with that is when you try to tell Siri something related to a name that is not on English.

My wife loves to listen to the Spanish radio station SER. In Spanish you just pronounce it as a word —ser— but in English siri is taking it as an acronym —which it is— and you have to say: "hey siri, play S E R radio Madrid" with the funny english pronunciation for Madrid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.