Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Hamburg
There is this setting in Safari "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" If unchecked (like in this screenshot) I shouldn't get requests from website to send me notifications but this doesn't work, including the MacRumors Forum. Has this improved in macOS 15?

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 21.10.12.png

ultratiem

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2023
Kinda looks like it. I had that disabled before updating from Sonoma and after updating, websites kept asking me to send notifications. I looked at it was checked. So a good sign!

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
What do these requests look like? It could be possible that they are sneaky "pre-requests" that only after answering yes to them will they move on to the real thing that checkbox is talking about.

(Kinda like the "Are you enjoying this app?" dialogs on iOS that then move on to asking for a star review only after answering yes)

tehabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Hamburg
No idea, I just know that in Chrome it worked but in Safari it doesn't. Even this forum asked even though I didn't allow to ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.