Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello, I've not had Bluetooth for a few months now (I'm using the Magic Keyboard 2 in wired mode and I'm using a decades old wired Logitech gaming mouse, zooming and scrolling gesture is not as efficient with a mechanical scroll wheel) but my Wifi is fine. I've done the Bluetooth reset using terminal, SMC & NVRAM resets many times and have tried switching OFF anything that's Bluetooth and switching it ON again, I was wondering if the Bluetooth part of this Bluetooth + wifi module still ok and it just needs cleaning (I can open up this Late 2015 iMac, experienced with opening up iMacs).

Is it possible that the if the Wifi part of the module is fine, the Bluetooth part might still be fine or that can happen one part may be ok but the other is not even though they are connected in one board?

Any idea why the Bluetooth may have slept or died (God forbid and I hope note). Any advanced or simple fix that you know or someone you know has been successful at (like reflow with hot air SMD workstation or ultrasonic cleaning)?

Thank you. Advanced happy Easter
⛪️ ✝️🙏🐇⛪︎
(may these emojis uplift spirits including myself for those whose work gadgets are completely functioning :) )

...pray & hope I get to buy the upcoming  Silicon Macs (modular God-willing instead of an all-in-one this time)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.