Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snash22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
I had a series 6 for 2.5 years without a crack. Now a series 9 a few weeks old has a crack. Same type of usage.

Is this turning out to be a common issue?

• Haha
Reactions: krspkbl

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
The screen doesn’t weaken over time, so it’s not about how long you owned then watch but what you did to it. You could own it for 10 years and then give it a big smack and it might crack.

If you have AppleCare you can possibly have them replace.

Reactions: missingar

snash22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
The screen doesn’t weaken over time, so it’s not about how long you owned then watch but what you did to it. You could own it for 10 years and then give it a big smack and it might crack.

If you have AppleCare you can possibly have them replace.
It’s entirely possible I whacked it without realizing it. I was thinking of 2 things:

1. I recall some version of the watch had the screens cracking along the edge that they were giving a free replacement.

2. The screen being a bit bigger can change the strength in the center.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
It’s entirely possible I whacked it without realizing it. I was thinking of 2 things:

1. I recall some version of the watch had the screens cracking along the edge that they were giving a free replacement.

I don’t recall any screen cracking issue, but I could be wrong. Certainly there was/is an issue with the screens popping on older watches due to battery swelling.

snash22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023

Maybe I hallucinated that they had a “recall” of cracked screens.

But on another note, WTF has happened to Google? 🤢 🤢 🤮

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.