Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

br.avery

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
one is from amazon, and the other is from the apple store.

is there any reason why the amazon is priced lower?
i just ordered the amazon one yesterday. im soo excited.

MacJenn

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
WOW. A guy I know in my photography class got that same kit for $570 last week with B&H on sale.

Now he feels bad because he could of bought the pro body D200 for $599 at Best Buy which is superior to that Canon.

Shopping around is the best advice anyone can give you. Start with Adorama and B&H.

vga4life

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
WOW. A guy I know in my photography class got that same kit for $570 last week with B&H on sale.

Now he feels bad because he could of bought the pro body D200 for $599 at Best Buy which is superior to that Canon.

Shopping around is the best advice anyone can give you. Start with Adorama and B&H.

A D200 is physically sturdier with much better build quality, but is behind a generation in sensor and processor technology and won't necessarily take better images, especially in low light/high ISO situations.

(Personally, I don't event think the XSi is worth the premium over the XS; the kings of the different value tiers right now are XS, D90, D300, 5D2 in my opinion. Of course, once you have an investment in lenses you won't usually switch.)

MacJenn

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
A D200 is physically sturdier with much better build quality, but is behind a generation in sensor and processor technology and won't necessarily take better images, especially in low light/high ISO situations.

(Personally, I don't event think the XSi is worth the premium over the XS; the kings of the different value tiers right now are XS, D90, D300, 5D2 in my opinion. Of course, once you have an investment in lenses you won't usually switch.)

Doesn't matter if it is a gen behind. Spec wise it kills those two on most things. A body can be newer and worse than a one year or 2 year old if the one year or 2 year old one was a top of the line prosumer/pro bodies as was the D200. The XSi isn't a spring chicken itself. I played with my friends and as usual with the Canon consumer dslr line it felt cheap.

This same OP posted yesterday at 11 PM at night asking about the Nikon and Canon (a really stupid comparison also--compared the bottom of the line Nikon to the mid grade Canon--real fair genius) and what he should buy (.https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/658932/). Now he says he bought yesterday (the Canon) which would of been after he started that other thread. He is FOS.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Doesn't matter if it is a gen behind. Spec wise it kills those two on most things. A body can be newer and worse than a one year or 2 year old if the one year or 2 year old one was a top of the line prosumer/pro bodies as was the D200. The XSi isn't a spring chicken itself. I played with my friends and as usual with the Canon consumer dslr line it felt cheap.

This same OP posted yesterday at 11 PM at night asking about the Nikon and Canon (a really stupid comparison also--compared the bottom of the line Nikon to the mid grade Canon--real fair genius) and what he should buy (.https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/658932/). Now he says he bought yesterday (the Canon) which would of been after he started that other thread. He is FOS.
Do you work for or sell Nikon cameras? In you opinion, would the D200-like magic- allow the OP to take better, more artistic, or "best selling" photographs?

MacJenn

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
Do you work for or sell Nikon cameras? In you opinion, would the D200-like magic- allow the OP to take better, more artistic, or "best selling" photographs?

LOL

Do you enjoy stalking people? It is getting kind of freaky now.

I would of responded in this thread if the OP was being honest in other threads, but he/she wasn't.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
LOL

Do you enjoy stalking people? It is getting kind of freaky now.

I would of responded in this thread if the OP was being honest in other threads, but he/she wasn't.

No. I have been a member of this forum for a while now, and have noticed that you are being quite hyper about your brand choice, much like a dealer.

MacJenn

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
No. I have been a member of this forum for a while now, and have noticed that you are being quite hyper about your brand choice, much like a dealer.

Good for you. Here is some news. I could careless what you think of me or my opinions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.