Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k8robbo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
Hi, I was going to purchase an iPad Pro this week (12.9) but s sales person said they're waiting for Apple to release a new one? Does anyone know if a new one is supposedly coming later this year?? Thanks, Kate

Cookie18

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
France
They might have been referring to the stock issues the 12.9 has been having. New orders are taking at least a week whereas the 10.5 is available now.

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Your salesperson has iPads confused with iPhones because iPhones are what is coming next. The iPad might be updated in a year or even 18 months depending on Timmy Boy's mood.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No, Apple has its hands full with the fall iPhone release. They updated the iPad and iPad pro line this past spring.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I hope there is a mini pro! xD But in all seriousness, its really unlikely for apple to be releasing a 12.9" replacement, since the new one was released earlier this year. Unless its another iPad 3 - 4 fiasco where they release the new model to change the charger or something of that sort. Again, highly doubtful though that there will be any more updates to the pro line this year.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
Apple employees know diddly about upcoming product. You either misheard them, or they mistakenly thought you were talking about the new iphones coming next month.

The only way Apple is releasing another ipad pro this fall is if they announce an ipad mini pro. That would be great(for me)...but there have been no rumors or leaks about an ipad mini pro coming soon.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
All of you missed a point.

It is possible that store has the 12.9 first gen.

He might have asked you to wait.

And you probably extrapolated that and hyperboled about a new Pro in Oct. Probably not something the store guy did.

The earliest new iPad Pros will launch is May to November 2018. Probably June. But could be a few months here or there.

Reactions: KrisLord

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
The Rose Gold 12.9-inch iPad Pro is almost certainly coming! :D

Seriously, did you maybe ask for that color? @k8robbo

But I don't think a sales person would know about Apple's future releases even if it's just a new color.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
No offense to apple store employees, but i've found that people on the macrumors board know far more about apple products and rumors than any of them.

Apple employees are kept secluded away from any relevant future product release information on purpose. They even will directly admit that to you when you ask questions. Mainly being, the company isn't going to jeopardize any unknown factors about a product if employee were accidentally to say something they shouldn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.