Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CreatorOfWorlds

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Preorders for the phone are gonna be wild, and based on what happened last year with the 7+, will there be any available in store on release day? What are your thoughts?

rob.james.arias

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
I have Tmobile Jump on demand which allows 3 no cost upgrades a year. Used the first one for the iPhone 8+. This will hold me over until the X, and then I will do upgrade #2. I doubt there will be many available launch day in stores, but I think there will be some available. I can't say if carrier stores will have any though.

CreatorOfWorlds

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
I have Tmobile Jump on demand which allows 3 no cost upgrades a year. Used the first one for the iPhone 8+. This will hold me over until the X, and then I will do upgrade #2. I doubt there will be many available launch day in stores, but I think there will be some available. I can't say if carrier stores will have any though.
I think last year they weren't in stores at all, both carriers and apple stores

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The iPhone X is King. The iPhone X is the bee's knees.

Do you want Day 1 iPhone X and you're a working man/woman. Follow these steps

Step 1. Take PTO days From Nov 1-3.
Step 2. Camp out in front of your nearest Apple Store. If there's already a line, go to the next nearest Apple store.
Step 3. Keep following step 2 until you are the first person in line
Step 4. Go through your contacts and call/text your biggest, toughest and meanest friend and pay him to protect you from the moment you walk in until you get home.
Step. 5. Enjoy your iPhone X

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Preorders for the phone are gonna be wild, and based on what happened last year with the 7+, will there be any available in store on release day? What are your thoughts?

Do you actually want one? If so, do you usually give up on things you want before you even try just because you might not get it right away?

CreatorOfWorlds

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Do you actually want one? If so, do you usually give up on things you want before you even try just because you might not get it right away?
I have no idea what you are saying
[doublepost=1506726494][/doublepost]
The iPhone X is King. The iPhone X is the bee's knees.

Do you want Day 1 iPhone X and you're a working man/woman. Follow these steps

Step 1. Take PTO days From Nov 1-3.
Step 2. Camp out in front of your nearest Apple Store. If there's already a line, go to the next nearest Apple store.
Step 3. Keep following step 2 until you are the first person in line
Step 4. Go through your contacts and call/text your biggest, toughest and meanest friend and pay him to protect you from the moment you walk in until you get home.
Step. 5. Enjoy your iPhone X
Sold out online, none on store,,waited out for nothing and smell to high heaven and all the cute girls want nothing to do with me...hmmmm, that's how I see me iPhone X tale going, gonna preorder myself

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Gonna have to preorder. I'm gonna feel sorry for those that wait only to get nothing

Every year with the iPhone launches are different. But this is one year, that if somebody truly wants to upgrade, they don't have a choice but to pre-order if they want to actually receive their device within a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: pat500000

Nicholecata94

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2017
Houston
The X looks beautiful to me. But I am brand new to iPhone and more than happy with my 8+. I am on T-Mobile's iPhone upgrade plan so I will see what they have next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.