Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chef55

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
U.K.
I only have iphoto on my imac. Photo's that I send thru msn are far too large. Is there a way of making them smaller? Thank you

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes actually, after you import the photos into iPhoto you want to go to File>Export and choose your compression/resizing.

Alternatively, you can choose a number of photos and hit the little "e-mail" button on the lower right hand corner where you can compress for e-mail and send that way.

Does that make sense?

Chef55

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
U.K.
Yes actually, after you import the photos into iPhoto you want to go to File>Export and choose your compression/resizing.

Alternatively, you can choose a number of photos and hit the little "e-mail" button on the lower right hand corner where you can compress for e-mail and send that way.

Does that make sense?

Jessica..yes it makes sense and I've done it..thank you so much :)

daftload

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
you guys are awesome! i was having the same problems trying to send pics through hotmail. thanks!

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
The email setting will also resize - even with compression (all jpg are compressed by default) a full sized file will still be pretty big. If you're going to print something, don't use the email setting, but for just sharing on a monitor or use on cellphone, etc, downsizing and compressing will save a lot of space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.