Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boabmatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
scotland
Hi all,

Currently I'm subscribed to apple music which I use on my iphone XS and an old iphone 6 (for in the car) both with icloud Library enabled.

I have a Macbook pro that has GB's and GB's of local music that I use for DJin but that has icloud library disabled.

Is there a way to enable the icloud library on the macbook pro and only select some of the songs to be uploaded to the icloud library as I have lots of instrumentals, acapellas and samples that I use for DJin what I don't want added to my icloud library.

I think that if I enable icloud Library on my macbook it going to upload everything which I don't what, only way I can think of working round this is have a second itunes library with icloud enable and only add the tracks I want uploaded to that but not sure if there is a better way of doing it?

Thanks..

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
When you have Music locally saved on your Mac e. g. in a folder under "Music" and you sync the library this music will NOT automatically get uploaded. But you will have all the songs synced to your Mac that you also have on your iPhones. When you want to add new songs you can just drag and drop the songs (or even folders I believe) into the Music app on your Mac.

boabmatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
scotland
When you have Music locally saved on your Mac e. g. in a folder under "Music" and you sync the library this music will NOT automatically get uploaded. But you will have all the songs synced to your Mac that you also have on your iPhones. When you want to add new songs you can just drag and drop the songs (or even folders I believe) into the Music app on your Mac.

the songs are already imported into the local iTunes library (not updated to Catalina due to it not supporting some DJ hardware/software) so I think these will all upload to iCloud when I enable the iCloud library setting.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
the songs are already imported into the local iTunes library (not updated to Catalina due to it not supporting some DJ hardware/software) so I think these will all upload to iCloud when I enable the iCloud library setting.
Oh, in this case I would also assume so, yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.