Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ouruniverse06131986

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
I installed iOS 15 beta 2 with it came out. But, now obviously I’m having some issues and with to go back to iOS 14

is there ANY way go back to iOS 14 without restoring the iPhone.

I have already removed the profile from settings and turn off and turn on the iPhone. I read somewhere that whenever apple will release iOS 14.7 FOR EXAMPLE that I’ll I have to do is go into settings and click on “Software Updates” and 14.7 will show up and I could install it like every update and once it restarts the phone will be back to iOS 14 without me needing to restore the iPhone.

please someone help me with this question. Or is there no way to do that and I actually do have to restore it.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I installed iOS 15 beta 2 with it came out. But, now obviously I’m having some issues and with to go back to iOS 14

is there ANY way go back to iOS 14 without restoring the iPhone.

I have already removed the profile from settings and turn off and turn on the iPhone. I read somewhere that whenever apple will release iOS 14.7 FOR EXAMPLE that I’ll I have to do is go into settings and click on “Software Updates” and 14.7 will show up and I could install it like every update and once it restarts the phone will be back to iOS 14 without me needing to restore the iPhone.

please someone help me with this question. Or is there no way to do that and I actually do have to restore it.

No, sorry.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
It's not entirely impossible. If you have access to iTunes on a computer you can "update" to iOS 14 by putting your phone into DFU mode, shift+clicking the update button and selecting the IPSW.

The problem with this method is that some things can possibly go wonky but from what I've read a Reset all Settings resolves most issues. I'd recommend doing an archived backup and saving it out of the way just in case you need to go back to 15.

ouruniverse06131986

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
It's not entirely impossible. If you have access to iTunes on a computer you can "update" to iOS 14 by putting your phone into DFU mode, shift+clicking the update button and selecting the IPSW.

The problem with this method is that some things can possibly go wonky but from what I've read a Reset all Settings resolves most issues. I'd recommend doing an archived backup and saving it out of the way just in case you need to go back to 15.
Thanks yous for the tip, but, I’ll just restore it and restore from backup of iOS 14. Thanks yous anyways.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Just like knowledge bomb suggests, there is actually a way to get out of this. But much like any other restore, there’s a risk attached to it, and the best response is not hopping into beta train in the first place.

Since you have made your mind, you can take this as a lesson and next Time wait patiently for public release. However, given iOS 13.0 disaster, I’d suggest you wait until iOS 15.1 before going back to iOS 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.