Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
I just updated my Mac to Catalina and my iPhone to iOS 13.5, but now every time I plug my iPhone into my Mac I get a popup notification telling me to update it again to 13.5.1 which I don't want to do because I'm jailbroken.

I noticed there was a Terminal command 'sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Catalina"' to disable Catalina update notifications for those on older versions of MacOS, so I wondered whether there was anything similar to block iOS update notifications? I've already looked in all the usual places on MacOS, like the software update settings (all disabled) and the app store settings (also all disabled) but it keeps popping up when I plug my phone in via USB.

How can I stop this??

rcprador

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
first I must say that I am not 100% sure about my answer, because I have no way to try/test it now, but the information I will provide may (or may not) help you. I hope it helps :)

There is a Daemon, an agent Daemon [which is run after user graphical login), on MacOS Catalina, that I [suppose] is to check about iOS/mobile updates

The daemon is called "com.apple.MobileAccessoryUpdater.fudHelperAgent" and it is located at:

/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.MobileAccessoryUpdater.fudHelperAgent.plist

I suggest you rename that file to something like: com.apple.MobileAccessoryUpdater.fudHelperAgent.plist.DISABLE

logoff or reboot, and check if it solves the problem.

I hope so. (But as I mentioned, I am no able to test it before replying to you, because I currently don't have that same combination [iOS + Catalina] like the same version you have, to test it locally)

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Thanks for the suggestion! I have tried to rename it but it seems to be read-only, even though my account is the only one on the system and it's supposed to have administrator priveleges....

EDIT: Found how to mount the file system in read/write for Catalina ?

Last edited:

tristan7187

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2021
Thanks for the suggestion! I have tried to rename it but it seems to be read-only, even though my account is the only one on the system and it's supposed to have administrator priveleges....

EDIT: Found how to mount the file system in read/write for Catalina ?
How did you mount the file system for read/write?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.