Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
Ok I am buying a Nikon D60. Its $600 everywhere. $550 on ebay and then i found this site offering it for $431

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=9788374

Is there something i am missing in the fine print? Am i getting a lower grade lense?

Also what does VR stand for? And is VR standard on the 55mm?

Im sorta new to this who thing... sorry. and THANKS:D

SHould i buy at this price!?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
YES there is a catch.

When I was looking for a camera for my son when the price looks so inviting one may scratch there heads.

There is a US version of the camera and chinese/japanese version. The US version carries a US warranty. The others you will see blurbs like we warranty what we sell, we handle all warranty claims in house, we make warranty claims simple (we just don't handle them).

Also, most of the low price places ae based on bait and switch and high pressure sales.
What they do is allow you to make the purchase over the web, then call you to buy expensive warranties, cheap low quality accessories at greatly inflated prices, start packing cheap lenses in with the purchase and of course inflate the price.

Sometimes spending an extra $100 is worth it knowing you are getting something legit.

ALWAYS do a google search on these resellers. You will save yourself a lo of time and aggravation.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
thanks that was what i was thinking.... it was like WAY to LOW.

thanks again macrumors! you guys have saved me 10000000s over the years

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
so this site and camera will not give me a warranty?

what is the warranty normally? One year?

I can't really say what this site will do or wont do.

My recommendaton is to do a google search on anywhere you may buy the camera.

Things to check
Do a search on he establihment look for reviews
Checkto make sure they are authorized to sellthe product.
(shady places will give you their warranty blurb as above)
Ask if it is an US model. If not youmay want to brush up on your chinese or japenese. The menus will not be in english.

Ifthe camera comes with a lens it will most likely not be a Nikkor.
If it is just a body it is most likely not a US version.

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
Amazon has it for $542. Brand new and no sales tax. Sounds like a good deal to me. They also have the Rebel XSi for $640 new and no sales tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.