Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcusurbanski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2020
Hi! I'm wondering if it's possible to have multiple words in one field in mail rules?

In this image I'm using one line per word, but I would like to use one line for all the words I want the rule to look for in the mail.

IMG_1.png

So it would look something like this:
IMG_2.png

But I don't know if it is possible to separate the words in that one line. If I use , to try and separate -
then mail will look for [WORD 1, WORD 2] as the whole thing, rather than WORD 1 and then WORD 2. I hope you're following me on this...

So, does anyone know if there is a way to separate words and use them in one line in mail rules?

Thanks so much!

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi! I'm wondering if it's possible to have multiple words in one field in mail rules?

In this image I'm using one line per word, but I would like to use one line for all the words I want the rule to look for in the mail.

View attachment 955813

So it would look something like this:
View attachment 955814

But I don't know if it is possible to separate the words in that one line. If I use , to try and separate -
then mail will look for [WORD 1, WORD 2] as the whole thing, rather than WORD 1 and then WORD 2. I hope you're following me on this...

So, does anyone know if there is a way to separate words and use them in one line in mail rules?

Thanks so much!

Not that I know of... but if you change the condition from "IF ANY..." to "IF ALL..." it will only filter messages that contain both (all) conditions... not sure if that helps or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.