Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013

Would somebody please take the liberty of telling me whether this iPhone battery is faulty?

I've had this iPhone for 15 months now and the battery is dying at around 40%. This iPhone is on AppleCare+, something I decided was a good idea when the first iPhone I had became regularly faulty.

Apple, on the other hand, don't believe this is faulty. I've spoken to them on the phone about this (they ran a diagnostic) and in an Apple Store, having had to book a genius bar appointment over 40 miles from my home. I was told that the battery was fine and the genius bar filed the appointment as an "educational opportunity" for me.

They tell me the battery passes with 87% health.

Tell me I'm talking rubbish.

Very frustrated with Apple as you can tell. Rapidly losing my patience over the situation.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Would somebody please take the liberty of telling me whether this iPhone battery is faulty?

I've had this iPhone for 15 months now and the battery is dying at around 40%. This iPhone is on AppleCare+, something I decided was a good idea when the first iPhone I had became regularly faulty.

Apple, on the other hand, don't believe this is faulty. I've spoken to them on the phone about this (they ran a diagnostic) and in an Apple Store, having had to book a genius bar appointment over 40 miles from my home. I was told that the battery was fine and the genius bar filed the appointment as an "educational opportunity" for me.

They tell me the battery passes with 87% health.

Tell me I'm talking rubbish.

Very frustrated with Apple as you can tell. Rapidly losing my patience over the situation.

Did you show Apple the same thing you are showing us in this video

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Turns out being firm and producing videos get you an ERP. At long last. Still doesn't get over the fact that it's taken 3 requests to get anywhere. Apple need to improve their processes.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Turns out being firm and producing videos get you an ERP. At long last. Still doesn't get over the fact that it's taken 3 requests to get anywhere. Apple need to improve their processes.

Good to hear you got it resolved. Videos are cool for showing stuff like this!

Make sure you do an encrypted back up of your phone via iTunes !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.