Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hos4m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Hi,

I just got a new 13" MacBook Pro 2015 with Retina display, here is a screenshot from the CoconutBattery app

CFaNa7A.png

I'm noticing that the "Full Charge Capacity" don't reach 100% whatever I did, I tried to keep the laptop charging over night and it didn't do it.

Also, I'm noticing that the laptop is struggling to be on battery for 6 hours, most cases is 5 hours and I do web development so I just open the IDE and the browser (Chrome in this case) and a about 3 tabs running in Terminal.

What I'm doing wrong that could make the battery life better as claimed to be 8 hours?

Thanks.

Tazoawake2016

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2016
Deep Space 9
Hi,

I'm noticing that the "Full Charge Capacity" don't reach 100% whatever I did, I tried to keep the laptop charging over night and it didn't do it.

Thanks.

Hi, like you, I also recently bought a 13-inch MBP (2015 model) and mine has no problem charging to 100%. Try fully discharging it and then charging it again. If it doesn't charge to 100% or even fails to go beyond 75% (as shown in the screenshot), then obviously the battery is faulty in your new laptop and you're entitled to exchange it for another.

Apple's policy:

Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery.

Read more here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

Btw, I have heard many forum users say Chrome on Mac is a battery hog. So, I only use Safari when on battery power and have no problem getting 8-10 of web browsing hours.

Hos4m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
[doublepost=1487346739][/doublepost]
Hi, like you, I also recently bought a 13-inch MBP (2015 model) and mine has no problem charging to 100%. Try fully discharging it and then charging it again. If it doesn't charge to 100% or even fails to go beyond 75% (as shown in the screenshot), then obviously the battery is faulty in your new laptop and you're entitled to exchange it for another.

Apple's policy:

Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery.

Read more here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

Btw, I have heard many forum users say Chrome on Mac is a battery hog. So, I only use Safari when on battery power and have no problem getting 8-10 of web browsing hours.

the laptop charges to 100% no problem, I think the "Full Charge Capacity" in the CoconutBattery is something different than the battery percentage we see in the top status bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.