Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clax9000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
I have a Mac Book pro with a DELL 2408WFP. I have recently upgraded my Panone Huey to Huey Pro, in order to calibrate both monitors.
I have followed all the steps in order to calibrate main monitor (the dell) but at the end, when the program ask me to move the application window in the second monitor to calibrate it anything append. I can only quit the application or Hit back... but in this case the frame appear again in main monitor.
Anyone with Huey-pro, huey pro upgrade have experienced this problem?
What should do append when you have moved huei application in second monitor?

I have wrote to Pantone support one week ago, but still no answer.

Thanks again to anyone who could help me.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
I don't think you would have needed to upgrade to calibrate the second monitor. The Spyder2Express software also officially only allows one monitor configurations, but it's trivial to get around that restriction and solve your problem at the same time:
(0) Close the lid of your ProBook and wake up your machine so it uses only one screen.
(i) Calibrate the external monitor only.
(ii) Locate the profile in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles. Make a copy the profile in the same directory and change the name of that copy to something more meaningful (e. g. Dell 2408 - [date]). You might need to authenticate as an admin to do this.
(iii) Open the profile in ColorSync Utility. Change the name of the profile here and save it. (This step is very important, because otherwise you won't be able to find it in the list in the System Prefs. The list isn't generated by file names, but by profile names. If you don't change the name in ColorSync Utility, it will be very confusing to choose the correct profile, especially after multiple calibrations.)
(iv) Repeat the above steps for the second monitor.

squeevey

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
It's quite easy actually

it stumped me at first, but all you need to do is once it shows QUIT and BACK drag the application to the other monitor. It will go back to start and allow you to calibrate just that monitor. Let me know if that helps you out.

Then you can tell me why my MBP screen won't calibrate well compared to my 23" ACD :)

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Then you can tell me why my MBP screen won't calibrate well compared to my 23" ACD :)
That's easy, there are two components: first of all, your ProBook's screen has a much, much smaller gamut than your ACD. Secondly, the Huey is not a professional calibration tool.

The first point is much more important. I was struggling with the same issue as you can read here, but in the end, I've concluded it's really due to the screens. Have a look at the displayable color ranges (they have been measured by my ColorSpyder).

clax9000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
I have solved the problem. The Huey application frame ave a large "transparent" part in the upper part. If you have monitor position set like me, Main monitor above, and macbook pro monitor below, when you move the application you must be sure to move completely in the second monitor or it do not start again the calibration procedure. In my case I had to move application frame very close very close to the lower side of macbook pro monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.