Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fictions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
Minneapolis
The 3 most immensely irritating things I noticed after updating to iOS14 (and persist in 14.2). These are things that never happened in iOS 13:

- Buttons on the screen will react to me touching them (like dim in color) but will not respond. Happens across all apps both Apple and 3rd party. Most recent example was just trying to bookmark a page ins safari. The add button would give visual feedback like I was tapping it but it would not execute the action of adding a bookmark. I had exit and restart Safari.

Occasionally I can wait a long while and it might finally respond, but most of the time I could sit there for many minutes waiting and nothing happens.

- keyboard is randomly laggy. It’s noticeably slightly laggy all the time. The difference from iOS 13 is probably like 1/8th of a second but it’s noticeable. Beyond that, it is often very laggy, like I’ve typed a whole sentence before it begins to respond.

- Safari will randomly scroll me to
the top of the page once it loads a certain amount of elements. This one is driving me insane. EG: if I’m scrolling through Google image search or product search it will just randomly slam me back up to the top of the page for no apparent reason. It seems like it could be related to being finished loading the page.

The keyboard lag can always happen once in a while in any iOS version, but this forcing me back to the top of the page never ever happened on iOS 13 or earlier. It is not specially frustrating when I’m doing product research and lose my place over and over.

I think it is the dynamic request for more elements and then all once the page load spinner stops it pops me back to the top. But if I “load more results” it will do it again once those results have completed loading.

If anyone had had any success remedying any of these issuse I wood be so incredibly grateful if you could share any solutions you’ve come up with.

Thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some of those issues are being discussed in a few existing threads:

Fictions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
Minneapolis
I did see those. The suggestion that it’s the screen protector does not apply to me and I haven’t seen anyone say anything about the safari issue.

Some of those issues are being discussed in a few existing threads:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Not sure if you have tried this yet but maybe this might help:
  • Backing up to iCloud or your Mac computer.
  • On the phone, Settings→General→Erase All Content and Setting.
  • Restore from iCloud or from your Mac computer.

Fictions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
Minneapolis
Not sure if you have tried this yet but maybe this might help:
  • Backing up to iCloud or your Mac computer.
  • On the phone, Settings→General→Erase All Content and Setting.
  • Restore from iCloud or from your Mac computer.
I may try this but it seems like a lot of work for something I see so many people report back as not fixing the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.