Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hardtobeanapplefan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
Hi

I was hoping someone in here could help me.

I am currently using iCal and have synchronised my Icloud account with the calendar.

When I receive invites to events in the calendar and I accept them, they are not automatically added to my calendar. Is it possible for iCal to automatically add these accepted events to my calendar?

vexorg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2009
What mail client are you using? I found apple mail can't handle outlook invites properly in the past.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Regarding the sender, when you say "ICal" do you mean the Calendar app on a Mac? Do you mean the Calendar app on an iPhone? Do you know what service, if any, the sender is syncing that calendar?

I take it you are receiving the invites on the Calendar app synced with your iCloud account on your Mac running Mac OS 10.10.x.

I'm still not clear on how the invite is sent. When I'm in Calendar on my Mac and want to "Add Invitees" to an event I start typing a name or email address and then select from the contacts that pop up (or I enter a complete email address if it's not in my contacts). So the question is: What address of yours is the event creator using to send you the invitation? Is is the same email address as your Apple ID? If so, is that your "@one.com" address?

hardtobeanapplefan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
So I am using the calendar app on my mac. Someone sends an invitation to me using my email adresses in their calendar app. I then then receive the invitation in my calendar app. The issue is, that when I accept the invitation in the calendar app, that the event is not automatically added to my mac calendar.

We have shared calendars, so I can see their calendar and they can see mine, but even after I accept the invitation the event still only shows up in their calendar. If I untick seeing their calendar, the event is not shown in my calendar.I would like the calendar to automatically add the event to my own calendar when I accept an invitation.

The mac calendar app is synchronised with our Icloud accounts. The invitations which are sent, are sent to the same email addresses as the ones used for our apple id.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks for that info. I don't see anything "wrong" in what you're doing, although I've never had my invitations sent to me via the Calendar app. I've always received them via email. I don't have two separate iCloud accounts to test with.

You could change your setting at the iCloud Calendar web page to receive invites via your email to see if that makes things work properly. That setting is at [gearwheel]>Preferences>Advanced.

hardtobeanapplefan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
Hi Brian,

Thank you. It seems that if the invitations are sent by email and accepted in the email, that you can choose to add the events to your primary calendar afterwards. Not quite automatically added upon clicking accept, but I guess it has to do. Anyway, thank you again for your time and help.

vexorg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2009
I don't like invites generally, the email program deletes the invite after so when something goes wrong there is no evidence you sent or received it. (When people start to get bitchy and don't show up at meetings)

vexorg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2009
It was true in older outlook 2007/2010, the invite vanishes after accepting or rejecting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.