Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benno1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
Hello

I've noticed that with iOS 15, I now have the option to specify if I want a notification if a person, vehicle, animal or package has been detected. Before I either had to choose between "get a notification when a movement has been detected" or "when a video clip has been recorded".

After updating to iOS 15, I keep getting notifications from HomeKit about "movement detected" even though I've set the cameras to only notify when it recognize a person, animal, vehicle or package.

I've tried to change back to one of the original condition (ie. movement detected or video clip recorded) and then set recording settings to "person detected" etc. I've also tried to turn of the cameras and left them off for a while and eventually turn them back on, but the issue persist and I still get notifications from events that shouldn't notify me.

I haven't tried to reset my cameras yet and re-add them to HomeKit, but this may be my last card up my sleeve - I just want to avoid this since it will take a bit of time to set it all up with settings on all the caneras and automations.

My cameras are Logitech Circle View 2 with latest firmware update as of today.

My girlfriend is having the same issue with her iPhone as well.

Best regards,
Benno

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I usually get wonky camera notifications when my Home Hub switches. It corrects itself after about 20 or so minutes.

How many Home Hubs do you have and also clarify which Logitech Camera. It’s either Circle 2 (White older model) or Circle View (black newer model exclusive to HomeKit Secure Video). Never heard of the Circle View 2.

Benno1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
I usually get wonky camera notifications when my Home Hub switches. It corrects itself after about 20 or so minutes.

How many Home Hubs do you have and also clarify which Logitech Camera. It’s either Circle 2 (White older model) or Circle View (black newer model exclusive to HomeKit Secure Video). Never heard of the Circle View 2.

If by "Home Hub" you mean Apple TV, iPad etc. I only have one, Apple TV 4K - I've tried to power it off complety by removing the power cord, but the issue still exist.

Sorry about the Circle View 2 confusion. It is Circle View (black camera, exclusive for HomeKit)

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
If by "Home Hub" you mean Apple TV, iPad etc. I only have one, Apple TV 4K - I've tried to power it off complety by removing the power cord, but the issue still exist.

Sorry about the Circle View 2 confusion. It is Circle View (black camera, exclusive for HomeKit)
Yes that’s what I meant by Home Hub.

Start by rebooting the Home Hub and then your Wi-Fi network. That should be less painful than resetting the camera.

Benno1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
Yes that’s what I meant by Home Hub.

Start by rebooting the Home Hub and then your Wi-Fi network. That should be less painful than resetting the camera.

Sorry for not answering, girlfriend is pregnant so had alot to do lately.

I've tried to reboot my Home Hub and Wifi (I have 2 x Ubiquity AP, so coverage is good around the whole house) but that haven't solved the issue. I have also tried to reset all 4 Cameras and add them to the home again, that did not help either.
The last thing I've tried was to delete the entire home and create a new one, and sadly that didn't help either.

Next step is to reset all my devices (iPhone, Apple TV 4K, iPad Pro, Apple Watch) - but with a child coming this seems too much of a work right now.

If anybody out there have some knowlegde about these issues i encounter, please let me know. If it is just a bug in HomeKit and I can't do anything about it, then I'll have 1 less thing to worry about

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Sorry for not answering, girlfriend is pregnant so had alot to do lately.

I've tried to reboot my Home Hub and Wifi (I have 2 x Ubiquity AP, so coverage is good around the whole house) but that haven't solved the issue. I have also tried to reset all 4 Cameras and add them to the home again, that did not help either.
The last thing I've tried was to delete the entire home and create a new one, and sadly that didn't help either.

Next step is to reset all my devices (iPhone, Apple TV 4K, iPad Pro, Apple Watch) - but with a child coming this seems too much of a work right now.

If anybody out there have some knowlegde about these issues i encounter, please let me know. If it is just a bug in HomeKit and I can't do anything about it, then I'll have 1 less thing to worry about
No worries and congrats. Have you gone through all the conditions for receiving motion alerts? i.e. whether or not your home and what times of the day. If you have people set to “off” and time set to “any” you will get constant notifications. Also keep in mind that the occupancy sensor has its own notifications too if that’s something.

1640071137337.png

UoMDeacon

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2021
Been struggling with this exact same issue for months now using the Logi Circle doorbell. Network is on the Asus XT8, so coverage is not an issue. Between constant "motion detected" notifications when I do not have it turned on, and the fact that the doorbell camera misses 90% of people, this is hands down a regrettable purchase.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Been struggling with this exact same issue for months now using the Logi Circle doorbell. Network is on the Asus XT8, so coverage is not an issue. Between constant "motion detected" notifications when I do not have it turned on, and the fact that the doorbell camera misses 90% of people, this is hands down a regrettable purchase.
Just switched from the Logi doorbell to the WeMo. That one is no different. Would be nice if someone would make a decent HomeKit Secure Video doorbell. Smart video doorbells have only been around for I dunno, 10 friggen years! Matter, where you at???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.