Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bojack Horseman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.3, Safari version 13.0.5.

Anyone else having issues with Safari on MacOS? I'm almost always having to refresh the page to get Youtube videos to play, the white balance when watching videos in full screen is constantly flickering, and now Twitter straight up won't load at all. I've had my first Mac for almost a year now, and Safari is definitely a weak point in the whole Apple ecosystem in terms of reliability.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.3, Safari version 13.0.5.

Anyone else having issues with Safari on MacOS? I'm almost always having to refresh the page to get Youtube videos to play, the white balance when watching videos in full screen is constantly flickering, and now Twitter straight up won't load at all. I've had my first Mac for almost a year now, and Safari is definitely a weak point in the whole Apple ecosystem in terms of reliability.
Are you using any browser extensions?

My MBA (2019) and MBP (2017) are both running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 with Safari version 13.0.5.. I'm seeing none of those issues. YouTube will lag now and then, rare, but that is the only thing I'm seeing here.

Insidious

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2017
I've been having issues with Safari lately too. I'm on Mojave. Twitter stopped loading and I had to clear the cache to get it to load. YouTube doesn't load properly. It won't let me see the most recent uploaded videos on a YouTube channel, it like cuts them off and I can't scroll up all the way to see them. I have Adguard installed, but when I disable it I still see these issues. I just reinstalled the OS and cleared my caches and that didn't fix anything.

Ruggy

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2017
Safari has started to be a lot tougher on privacy: things like cross site tracking.
Some sites don't play nicely with anything that tries to stop you doing what they want to do so it's probably that.
Try allowing cross site tracking in preferences>advanced and it might fix it.

Reactions: tranceking26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.