Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wingmanmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
norway
Hi I´m sorry for my stupidity and I am sure theres an easy way doing this, but I havent found it..

So, here goes: I got an new iphone for christmas, and first thing I do is spend a few hours to set it up, install and customize it the way I like it, to get it in use as soon as possible.

Then I decided I want to put some of the music I am working on (I am a music producer) to listen to on the go, something I do on a daily basis, I connect the iphone to the mac, launch itunes, and click trust this iphone and it shows up in itunes. Now I cant do anything anymore. I cant copy songs from itunes to the iphone. I got only two choises, set up as new or restore from backup. I dont want anyone of those thoises, I already spend hours to set it up, I just want to add some music..

Do I really need to start all over again, or I am missing something obvious here?? hj

Husky29

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2017
Western Cape, South Africa
You should click "Set up as new". It shouldn't do anything. It doesn't do anything to my iPhone when I reset it and plug it in to iTunes for the first time, you should be fine.

wingmanmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
norway
You should click "Set up as new". It shouldn't do anything. It doesn't do anything to my iPhone when I reset it and plug it in to iTunes for the first time, you should be fine.

Thank you, that was the right thing to do! After years of pain and agony... In my defense, I think the naming of the option - Set up as new iphone - is not a good description, I assumed that meant a full restore of the phone, it should have been named more like - connect this iphone to this itunes library, you will not delete anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.