Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Does anyone here know how to fix this problem? I recently noticed that I was unable to download certain songs to my iPhone (I subscribed to iTunes Match until Dec 2017, when I began using Apple Music) ... For some reason, a seemingly random group of songs (including 13 of my top 20 most-played tracks) are showing a blank iCloud Status in iTunes (see attached screenshot) and sure enough, these songs cannot be downloaded to my iPhone. They can be PLAYED, but not downloaded. I'm reluctant to remove them from my library entirely, as I would then lose years of play counts (and all of the smart playlists that reference play counts, etc) ...

So my question is, how do you get iTunes to update/refresh the iCloud Status of songs that are blank? I've tried signing out and back in, I've de-authorized and then re-authorized the iMac, I've tried File/Library/Update iCloud Music Library, etc - nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 18.09.16.png

Update: I just tried downloading the songs on another Mac - it worked. Took much longer than it should've (the songs would appear to download fully - 8.1MB of 8.1MB Downloaded - but after a minute or two they WOULD complete, and appear in Finder). This does NOT happen on iOS. The download circle just spins, endlessly.

Last edited:

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Update, for anyone who stumbles across this thread in the future.

The problem is unsolvable, apparently. Apple's support forums are sprinkled with threads regarding this; it's apparently another one of those things that just happens sometimes. I ended up completely wiping my music library - in the process of rebuilding now. I lost about ten years of play counts, date added, star ratings, and smart playlists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.