Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjkelnhofer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Boston
I updated my Early 2012 MacBook Pro to macOS Sierra today. I cannot get iTunes to work. It just constantly pops up a little window saying "Writing ID3 tags...". I cannot even leave it open in the background because it is slowing down everything each time the window pops up.

Even weirder from what I can see in the album view that is is stuck on, it has changed the artwork on some of my music.

I am assuming this is related to the Sierra, but I hate to rollback my MacBook just to get iTunes to work.

pjkelnhofer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Boston
I got no answers to this, but if any stumbles upon it with the same issue...
I never figured out why it changed some of the album artwork (some albums were changed from the actual album cover to different image associated with the same artist - weird).
The "Writing ID3 tags..." issue cleared itself up eventually. My iTunes basically not functionally for a couple of hours (I have 120 Gb of music on 2012 13" MacBook Pro for reference. I just let it do it's thing in the background and eventually it seemed to clear itself up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.