Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oggign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
After updating from El Capitan to Sierra, my iTunes becomes so sluggish to the point of annoying. Opening albums from Albums View is slow and choppy, rating one song makes the album cover 'flashed'. Also, album covers in Artists View are HUGE, artists pictures aren't available anymore (screenshot attached), and the new view option is a shame!

Anyone facing the same problem? I'm using iMac 5k late 2015 by the way, not sure if fresh install would help...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 8.49.13 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 8.49.13 am.png
    774.6 KB · Views: 196

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
After updating from El Capitan to Sierra, my iTunes becomes so sluggish to the point of annoying. Opening albums from Albums View is slow and choppy, rating one song makes the album cover 'flashed'. Also, album covers in Artists View are HUGE, artists pictures aren't available anymore (screenshot attached), and the new view option is a shame!

Anyone facing the same problem? I'm using iMac 5k late 2015 by the way, not sure if fresh install would help...

you could try reinstalling the app... http://www.apple.com/itunes/

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
try copying some music to an external drive. create a test admin account on your mac, open itunes in that account, import some music, see how it works.

or...
here's a (not) fun thing to consider: copy all your music to (for example), another drive. then delete everything from itunes, delete the itunes folder in the Music folder, delete prefs..ie, start clean (google for more info on how to do this). then re-import all your music.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
What network services are you using with iTunes?
Do things speed up when you turn them off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.