Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nighthawk67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Okay this is an extreme exaggeration, but I thought I had lost about 1/2 of my music forever, but managed to get my "greyed out" songs back to my iCloud music library, but I still have about 200 songs that are greyed out and not eligible for iCloud music library for reasons unknown, but I'm fine with that. I just have two problems left, hoping you great minds could help!?

Recently upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7+ (love it) and I set it up as a new iPhone and when I synced it with iTunes a lot of the songs I have downloaded onto my computer are getting matched with songs that aren't the exact same.

EX) I have a dubstep version of Dirt Off Your Shoulders by Jay Z and the regular version as well downloaded on my MBA, but through the matching feature of Apple music my dubstep version is now the regular version as well. Does anyone know a quick fix to keep my version of the song I have downloaded on my MBA

Secondly I have 4 playlists on my iTunes on my MBA, all are very big broad playlists, Country, Classic Rock, Alternative, Workout playlist. All the songs I need are on my phone and I suppose I could just make the playlists on my phone, but that would be time consuming and I really would rather fix the problem than take the easy way out. My Classic Rock and Country playlists are synced to my iPhone, but not my Alternative and workout playlists and I cannot for the life of me figure out why! Wondering if anyone else has come across this, I've tried refreshing my iCloud music library with no luck.
note) I also have an iPP9.7 that syncs with Apple music and my iTunes with no problems.

Apple music has been perfect until I had to set up my new iPhone and now it's making my hair grey! But once I get it back on it's feet I don't foresee ever going without it again, it's incredibly useful and worth the money to a music junky like me!

nighthawk67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Well I somehow fixed my problem, went on my iPP and shared my playlist in a link, sent the link to myself and opened the link in iMessage on my iPhone and poof magic, the playlist showed up in my music app.... Weird

Still looking to see if there's some way to put a song into a "don't match this or mess with this in any way" setting, just strictly share it in the iCloud music library

Like for example AM matched an unedited version of one of my songs with an edited version and now I cant find an unedited version anywhere on AM so I'm stuck with the edited version of Crazy Rap by Afroman which is terrible for obvious reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.