Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hello! So I have some songs that I want to upload to my Apple Music Library. They are available in Apple Music but the ones I have are with the noise removed(in Adobe Audition). So I want to have those versions of the songs in my library. However when I try to upload them,some of them upload fine no problem at all. But some of them get matched to the Apple music versions which I don't want to. How do I stop this? I tried changing the name of the song so it doesn't match the original one but it still matches it even with a random name and no other information about the song whatsoever. What do I do?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
This could be one reason for iTunes Match.. Plus the added benifiet they are not DRM. Apple music matches if it finds uploaded songs the same.. but it shouldn't be matching song names which are different...

Perhaps Apple is now looking at the content too rather then meta data?

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I don't know it's kinda crazy. Maybe it's actually listening to the songs. Do you know a way around this?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Apple Music has changed to the same matching method that the iTunes Match subscription uses a while ago. It actually looks at the content of the song, so changing the metadata doesn't make a difference. If your edited versions sound too similar to the ones that Apple has, there is no way to force it to upload rather than match AFAIK.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Yeah well I found kind of a workaround. Some of my songs actually uploaded without being matched by some luck,for the others I just turned off iCloud music library on my iPad and manually synced them and I added metadata for the cover and everything to appear. And now half of the album is in Apple Music on my phone (the edited versions) the other half is on my iPad where iCloud is off. Until Apple does something about it that's the way I think.
[automerge]1573338228[/automerge]
By the way if I actually turn on iCloud on my iPad again and merge those songs to my iCloud music library do you think they will be matched. I mean if I am not using iTunes to upload them they shouldn't be matched right?

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
By the way if I actually turn on iCloud on my iPad again and merge those songs to my iCloud music library do you think they will be matched. I mean if I am not using iTunes to upload them they shouldn't be matched right?
I have never tried it, but I assume iOS devices use the same method to add titles to the cloud library as iTunes (i.e. the iPad will probably try to match by acoustic fingerprint).

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I had this problem a while back, but I can't remember how I fixed it. If you haven't, definitely backup your iTunes library. iTunes Match broke the hell out of my music.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Yeah don't worry for the music I have which is not Apple Music only(purchased songs and so on) I have separate files on my PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.