Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsr71

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
I want to load music to my iPhone 8 from iTunes. Is there a setting I need to set in iTunes before I plug-in my phone so it DOESN’T AUTOMATICALLY CHANGE ANY SETTINGS, etc. on my phone before I load the music?

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Under iTunes Preferences, Devices, be sure "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" is checked.
Its probably best to step through all the preferences panes and make sure there's nothing nasty there.
I stopped updating at iTunes 11.-- because I think the App's been going steadily downhill since then, so there might be a setting I've not seen that could cause trouble. It''s definitely worth a look through prefs though.

mrsr71

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Under iTunes Preferences, Devices, be sure "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" is checked.
Its probably best to step through all the preferences panes and make sure there's nothing nasty there.
I stopped updating at iTunes 11.-- because I think the App's been going steadily downhill since then, so there might be a setting I've not seen that could cause trouble. It''s definitely worth a look through prefs though.

Thanks much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.