Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
I keep some Numbers spreadsheets on my iPad (Air 1, iOS10) and update them there. In the File Sharing section of iTunes the documents that it is showing are like a year old. I just emailed myself one of them from Numbers on the iPad and it's way newer than the ones in iTunes. What's going on? I thought those files were a 'live copy' of what is on the iPad. I was just going to drag and drop them to my MacBook to back them up, but now I think I'm just going to transfer them off of the iPad and keep them on my MacBook. Don't need any funny-business like this going on. I just finished restoring this iPad, because the sync yesterday wouldn't finish and couldn't be cancelled. It restored the right versions of everything, so I don't know where iTunes is getting those spreadsheets from in the sharing section. I'm also still running iTunes 12.6.1.27.

Thanks!

Bob
(Tried posting this in Apple Discussions, but it said I wasn't allowed and that's all it said. Don't know why, but it's true...that's about all I'm going to put up with from Apple. They just aren't wowing me anymore.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.