Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StlCards80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
St Louis, MO
So, I downloaded Malware Bytes, removed it, and now I can't load sites from my computer without accessing the net. Has anyone else run into this issue?

TheOkeland

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
Aachen, Germany
You can't load sites from your computer without accessing the net? What do you mean by this?
Sites you stored/copied local, or the web? Being not able to access the internet without network-connection would be quite normal imo :confused:

If you have trouble to access websites, because your Browser is still messed up with the malware, this could help:
http://www.thesafemac.com/arg-spigot/

If this does not help you, please reformulate your question, maybe I am just tired, but I don't get what exact problem you have.

StlCards80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
St Louis, MO
You can't load sites from your computer without accessing the net? What do you mean by this?
Sites you stored/copied local, or the web? Being not able to access the internet without network-connection would be quite normal imo :confused:

If you have trouble to access websites, because your Browser is still messed up with the malware, this could help:
http://www.thesafemac.com/arg-spigot/

If this does not help you, please reformulate your question, maybe I am just tired, but I don't get what exact problem you have.

I phrased it wrong. Blues are playing today and I'm all over the place.

I'm trying to run test sites from my local hard drive, but I can't. It was fine until the malware.

TheOkeland

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
Aachen, Germany
To run local-saved websites containing PHP, you need to setup a local Webserver, because PHP is a server-side-script-language. Maybe your Webserver ist offline or needs to be reconfigured? Local HTML files should work without a problem.

Reactions: StlCards80

StlCards80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
St Louis, MO
To run local-saved websites containing PHP, you need to setup a local Webserver, because PHP is a server-side-script-language. Maybe your Webserver ist offline or needs to be reconfigured? Local HTML files should work without a problem.

If only I could delete this thread...

So you mean a server-side language needs a server? Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.