Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuballz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
hey everyone,

Ian new to this whole jail breaking, I have rooted a few android devices so not completely unfamiliar with it all.

I am just wondering what would be the best way of jailbreaking an iPhone 5c iOS 9.3.1, as I have seen loads of different things on the Internet of how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Stuballz

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
The best way is to wait until it's actually possible. Unless things have changed in the last 24 hours there isn't a public release for 9.3x yet. Any site or person claiming it can be done now is scamming. Also, in the event they release a tool, it will be free. Never pay for a jailbreak.....

Edit: I didn't see the 2 replies before mine lol.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Just to add some additional info…

Last jailbreak available for 32bit devices (iPhone 5c and below): iOS 9.0.2.
Last jailbreak available for 64bit devices (iPhone 5s and above): iOS 9.1

stuballz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
Thanks for your replies. Is there a possibility of downgrading to iOS 8 and then jailbreaking that

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for your replies. Is there a possibility of downgrading to iOS 8 and then jailbreaking that
If you were already jailbroken you might be able to use Odysseus to do that, but without blobs the farthest back you could get would be iOS 8.4.1 - which does not have a user friendly jailbreak.

stuballz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
I was just wondering because I have done an Apple TV and had to downgrade the firmware was wondering if I could do the same with the iphone

Reactions: StarkCity

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
hopefully it does come out next week because i am truly bored with my se. all i really want back is activator & swipeselection, any other tweak is just cosmetic for me.

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.