Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
How long do people think it will take before there will be no issue just walking into an apple store and purchasing this model? Going off past years with the most popular color, how long did it take before there was no longer a "shortage" of them.

Im debating between making a pre-order for November, or just taking my changes at the store...

Also, do people know if its possible to cancel a pre-order if i do happen to find one in store before my pre-order ships?

burntice

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Jet Black Plus - I would guess mid later part of December. Based on dates given now.

However in most recent experiences those dates don't hold and phone are delivered early.

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I ended up just placing a pre order for the Matte Black 7 Plus, if i find a Jet black before my 14 day return window is up then i will return this one and switch to Jet Black, but otherwise i will be happy with Matte Black. (its going right into a case anyways)

I would rather get Matte Black then wait till November/December to get the Jet Black...

Could have had Jet Black by October if AT&T didnt have connection issues last night though...

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
There will be plenty available once the returns start coming in. The scratch magnet will get returned in waves. Even though they were warned.

jetydosa

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
When refurbs are sold, are they advertised as brand new? As in, if I go into a Verizon store and buy a brand new iPhone, does that mean there is a chance it was once a returned phone?
No - they are listed as refurbs.

Even that said - Ive never seen an Apple refurb that has shown any wear - and Ive bought a bunch of Apple refurbs over the years.

graybot

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
No - they are listed as refurbs.

Even that said - Ive never seen an Apple refurb that has shown any wear - and Ive bought a bunch of Apple refurbs over the years.

Apple refurbs (both AppleCare replacement devices and those sold as refurb) have all-new housing components. Most internal components are also new, actually. Often times it's just a refurbished logic board placed in an otherwise all-new phone/computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.