Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Imagine....

I am happy with waiting longer if this becomes a reality.
Even the new black would be better than space gray.

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
Jet or Black I'd be proper happy with. I miss the Black MacBook...

And think of the laser etch work you could on a black unibody.. lovely :)

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Jet or Black I'd be proper happy with. I miss the Black MacBook...

And think of the laser etch work you could on a black unibody.. lovely :)
I think it would be great to see aluminium versions of the plastic black and white colors. We'll probably have that in a few years... :(

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
Imagine....

I am happy with waiting longer if this becomes a reality.
Even the new black would be better than space gray.

The color is very nice, but I would not buy a laptop with it. The admission from Apple that it's scratch prone, and the giant surface area of the laptop, seems to suggest it would look beat up really quick. You could put a cover on it (like Apple suggests!), but then, what's the point of getting a new color anyway.

Reactions: ABC5S

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
The color is very nice, but I would not buy a laptop with it. The admission from Apple that it's scratch prone, and the giant surface area of the laptop, seems to suggest it would look beat up really quick. You could put a cover on it (like Apple suggests!), but then, what's the point of getting a new color anyway.
Well it would be as scratch prone as the old glossy plastic MacBooks I imagine, but I see your point. I do think it might be a bit distracting on a laptop but I can't know until I see a MacBook in Jet Black. At least we know for sure that they'll be using the new Black color.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
- Which admission? And where do they suggest using a cover especially for the Jet Black iPhone?

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
- Which admission? And where do they suggest using a cover especially for the Jet Black iPhone?

Macrumors has a post about it
[doublepost=1473295192][/doublepost]
Well it would be as scratch prone as the old glossy plastic MacBooks I imagine, but I see your point. I do think it might be a bit distracting on a laptop but I can't know until I see a MacBook in Jet Black. At least we know for sure that they'll be using the new Black color.

Yea, like I said, I think the color is very nice. But I could totally imagine going to type something quick, hear my watch hit the metal, and then look down and see....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
My guess they will do Rose Goldo_O before black.

If they offer other colors, it would probably be in the variety of the MacBook. They're already using those colors, so why not just move that option over to the MacBook Pro. Although, I'm not sure a Rose Gold makes sense on a MBP, but that's obviously a personal thing and I really don't care if they added it (as long as it wasn't the only choice!).

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
If they offer other colors, it would probably be in the variety of the MacBook. They're already using those colors, so why not just move that option over to the MacBook Pro. Although, I'm not sure a Rose Gold makes sense on a MBP, but that's obviously a personal thing and I really don't care if they added it (as long as it wasn't the only choice!).

I don't like Rose Gold, but Apple seems to, look at the MacBook. Perhaps Rose Gold is popular in certain markets.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I still have my heart set on space grey but the matte black option on the macbook pro would also be pretty sweet. Jet black looks terrible and I have no idea why everyone is going crazy about it. It looks cheap and plastic and will probably collect fingerprints like crazy (IMHO).

(no offense intended to those who like the jet black :))

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I still have my heart set on space grey but the matte black option on the macbook pro would also be pretty sweet. Jet black looks terrible and I have no idea why everyone is going crazy about it. It looks cheap and plastic and will probably collect fingerprints like crazy (IMHO).

(no offense intended to those who like the jet black :))
From what I understand, the jet black is supposed to be very similar to the finish of the Mac Pro. And if that's anything to go by, it looks magnificent. The Mac Pro is actually not as fingerprint-prone as its high gloss surface would suggest, so hopefully that trait carries over to the jet black iPhone 7.

altair7

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2004
The black Macbook Pro already exists. It's the 14" Razer Blade. You can preorder the next version right now to get the Geforce 1060 or order the current one with a 970 and Skylake.

Reactions: jerryk

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I would love to a Black MBP and include the white glowing Apple as well :D

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky
I'm sort of torn. I ordered the jet black iPhone 7 Plus but I'm not sure I'd want it on that big of a device. I originally was going to sit out this phone anyway but it sort of worked out better for me to upgrade than to not for my family (dad took old phone blabla). I loved the jet black look and I hope I do when I eventually actually get my phone. I hope at the very least the next MacBook Pros which I'm anxiously awaiting do the Matte black instead of space grey. I actually hope this happens to all the products on their next updates.

My favorite thing about the Jet Black for the iPhone is it makes it look like one solid piece. I don't fully know it'll give me the same effect on a laptop, standard aluminum finishes may still be better there. Either way, I'd like to see one.

Starlock

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2016
Minnesota
I would love to a Black MBP and include the white glowing Apple as well :D

Black with an old school Apple rainbow logo please!! (Glowing or not).

Seriously, the old logo was much more visually exciting then the boring all white / metal one. They need to reclaim it!

irock101

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2011
The black Macbook Pro already exists. It's the 14" Razer Blade. You can preorder the next version right now to get the Geforce 1060 or order the current one with a 970 and Skylake.

Would consider it if the keyboard wouldn't look like a rainbow and it would run MacOs.

SVTM

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2016
At this point I'm having a hard time imagining new MBPs at all, but it would be nice if the new ones came in matte black like the new iPhone 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.