Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aprofetto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Well, a couple of days ago my fiance and I bought a Canon Rebel XSi.

Checked a few places out beforehand, trying to find the cheapest price, initially our plan was to get the XS, photography will only be a hobby for us, so I wasn't convinced we needed the XSi.

Anyways, when we got to BestBuy, they had an XSi that was returned, only out for a few days, cables and everything were still sealed in their original packaging.

The normal price for the XSi at BestBuy was $799 CAD but it was on sale for $729 CAD, and the open box XSi was at $629 CAD. So we decided to grab the open box XSi.

Now we're just playing around with it and trying to get to know it. We plan on taking a college course this summer for photography which we hope will really give us a good foundation.

Anyways, here's a shot I took of some coffee beans!

web.jpg

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
If you put the effort into learning, that camera will serve you well.

Just remember the green box is evil, learn how to use the camera and focus on composition and lighting and you'll have a blast.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
If you put the effort into learning, that camera will serve you well.

Just remember the green box is evil, learn how to use the camera and focus on composition and lighting and you'll have a blast.
This is truth.

Photography is quite a lot of fun and can be very satisfying... it's great nailing a shot you've been trying to get for a long time, or even better, one you didn't expect to get. I hope to see you in the Photo of the Day threads soon! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.