Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
nice! sorry im not a professional photographer and dont even own a camera so i cant give you any advice.

can you link the skyline panarama in HD by any chance? like with a vertical resolution of over 720 pixels… preferably 1080? i want to use it as a dual screen desktop on my MacBook Pro and Cinema Display, both of which have a vertical resolution of over 720 pixels.

gullaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
nice! sorry im not a professional photographer and dont even own a camera so i cant give you any advice.

can you link the skyline panarama in HD by any chance? like with a vertical resolution of over 720 pixels… preferably 1080? i want to use it as a dual screen desktop on my MacBook Pro and Cinema Display, both of which have a vertical resolution of over 720 pixels.

What is the file name on top of the photo...i have like 5 pans of the skyline..lol

gullaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
wow guys, thanks for the positive feedback, but don't you think some pictures look a little over exposed, and dull. the only pics i am happy with are the HDR's, which i wish i didn't have to edit to get a result like that.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
Good pictures... The only thing I would say is that the colors in many of the pictures are somewhat flat and washed out (I realize that is because the weather was likely cloudy and drab). I'd recommend doing some color adjustments in Aperture or Lightroom to deepen the colors and make them a little more bold. Other than a little needed post-production work, good job!

gullaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
yea it was cloudy that night, but that you for all the feedback, would anyone be able to recommend me a god but affordable zoom lense?

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
yea it was cloudy that night, but that you for all the feedback, would anyone be able to recommend me a god but affordable zoom lense?
Nice photos - its been awhile since I've been to TO. I like img_0001 (tail-light trails) - it has a quiet simplicity to it.

Regarding your zoom, go visit Vistek - they have a store there. If you can't find something there...... Jealous here, as I live in Vancouver - not a Vistek in sight. Toronto, 2 stores. Alberta, 3 stores. Even Ottawa has a store! sigh.

jwt

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2007
The panoramas seem unlevel. I'd adjust the shorelines to be parallel with the bottom edge of the photos. Also, I'm not a big fan of HDRs that have halos. They look overdone and unrealistic to me. My $0.02.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.