Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Junk mail filtering has always been a PITA, but now Monterey seems to have just gone over the edge.

Rules just aren't running. I have to actually move the message to the junk folder, open it, and click on 'apply rules'. I mean, what's the sense in having rules if they don't run on new messages?!

Anyone else having issues with rules since they updated? They seemed to run okay before the 'update'. I used to wake my computer, click on Mail, and watch the inbox populate, and then watch the junk disappear. What happened? I mean, even clicking on Apply Rules doesn't work. I have to be IN the message. *GRRR*

I was wondering if a rebuild would help. I did try a reset for filtering, and it didn't fix it. Mail is a joke, if it's not reliable...

Monotremata

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2019
Fontana, CA
Mines still working ok, if anything now it seems like its overworking and grabbing emails from mailing lists I've been on for years and trashing them though. I don't know how many times I've gone into the junk folder now and found emails from IK Multimedia, and several other audio websites I'm signed up on. Almost missed out on a really huge group buy deal from IK because they were all going into the junk folder a few months ago.. I used to just let it do its thing but over the past couple months its become habit now to actually check the junk folder every time I'm about to close the app just in case. Found a couple OWC ones that even went that way and I've been getting emails from OWC for like 20 years now?

The fun part is the new security in it. I had to turn everything off because it will NEVER load images in emails, and even after shutting that all off yesterday, I STILL have to click the button on every single email I've got to load any image content, no matter how many times Ive already done it. Worked fine in 12.0, but since 12.1 now just about every single email I get is blocked even with the settings shut off.

• Wow
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Mines still working ok, if anything now it seems like its overworking and grabbing emails from mailing lists I've been on for years and trashing them though. I don't know how many times I've gone into the junk folder now and found emails from IK Multimedia, and several other audio websites I'm signed up on. Almost missed out on a really huge group buy deal from IK because they were all going into the junk folder a few months ago.. I used to just let it do its thing but over the past couple months its become habit now to actually check the junk folder every time I'm about to close the app just in case. Found a couple OWC ones that even went that way and I've been getting emails from OWC for like 20 years now?

The fun part is the new security in it. I had to turn everything off because it will NEVER load images in emails, and even after shutting that all off yesterday, I STILL have to click the button on every single email I've got to load any image content, no matter how many times Ive already done it. Worked fine in 12.0, but since 12.1 now just about every single email I get is blocked even with the settings shut off.

I have most of my junk filters flushing things right away. They *disappear* which is a little disconcerting, but I haven't had anything i know of being flushed. I used to have everything directed to a separate folder, but the amount of crap was so high. My spam has dropped a whole lot, but I get some increases in it occasionally. Like strange phishing crap lately. Crazy... And not rules aren't working? *GRRR*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.