Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Just bought the Nikon 70-300 AF-S 4.5-5.6G VR lens. I can't wait to get this in I been feinding for that extra zoom that I can't get on the 18-55 kit with my d40x.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Telephoto lenses are not generally used indoors anyways so I'm assuming he bought it for landscapes, nature, and or sport photography.

If my studio was long enough for the minimum focusing distance, I'd happily use my 400mm lens for head shots just to get that telephoto look...

Jdot

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
Fairport Harbor, Ohio
If my studio was long enough for the minimum focusing distance, I'd happily use my 400mm lens for head shots just to get that telephoto look...

I prefer wide angle lenses but that's what it all comes down to is what you prefer so I would like to correct myself in stating that telephotos are generally used outdoors.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Looks like you won't be shooting in low light with that lens either. Are you bothered?

Not really I knew that going into this purchase and I am very content with that. I bought this lens for the outdoors and landscapes. I am traveling to northwestern Mass this weekend and I can't wait to break this badboy out. I just hope KEH ships it today so I can have it by Thursday.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm interested in this lens as well, but mostly for the candids.

Actually, for the same price, I can get a used Sigma 70-200 mm f/2.8. It's obviously not as discreet, and more 'Hey, look at Mr. Big Lens!!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.