Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CSilver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Canada
Okay... so I guess the June is Canon's month... So I received the free Leather Case but it has the Magnet....

I don't know exactly what Magnet does to the electronics but I do know that it isn't good.

So here is my question... the case was worth about 35 dollars but has the magnet on the flap and I am curious if I should go back to the store and ask for a different one or just sell it to someone...

Any suggestions on what kind of case is good for the camera??

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I've had a magnet on the case of my camera and camcorder for years and have never had a problem... I actually find it faster to take it out...

CSilver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Canada
I've had a magnet on the case of my camera and camcorder for years and have never had a problem... I actually find it faster to take it out...

Alright, thanks for your reply... I do wonder though if the electronics can get damaged from magnet why would the companies who make Cameras make the magnetic camera cases lol

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
return it for the piece of mind, imo. I have headphones that came with a case in which my mp3 player also fits. I store them togeather but I worry abou the magnets every time. in all likelyhood there will be no problems, but it's just not worth the loss of your piece of mind!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.