Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hello!

I just got my 550d for my birthday today, and its absolutely fantastic, loving the low light performance and the video!

However, i can't seem to open the raw files on photoshop or preview. I got the adobe raw update for CS4 but they still don't open :( Any ideas as to whats going on?

Thanks a bunch, i hate having new stuff and it not working like it should be!
Also, i shoot raw cause i want to - so dont go telling me too shoot jpeg, haha :p

apthai86

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2008
The 550D/T2i was recently added to Camera Raw 6. You will need that so that photoshop can open the file.

Also if I remember correctly, CS4 does not go up to Camera Raw 6, therefore you will need to use CS5. Another option is converting all the RAW files to DNG so that CS4 can read them.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
The 550D/T2i was recently added to Camera Raw 6. You will need that so that photoshop can open the file.

Also if I remember correctly, CS4 does not go up to Camera Raw 6, therefore you will need to use CS5. Another option is converting all the RAW files to DNG so that CS4 can read them.

Yup, this is the correct answer.

Adobe have a nasty habit of not supporting previous versions of their Creative Suites once a new one is out.

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
yeah i got camera raw 5.7 but that doesnt seem to work either :( I have CS5 but haven't installed it yet so i'll see if that changes the issue :)

Thanks all!

I'll keep you posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.