Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
I'm not making this thread to brag or anything like that. I just wanted to make a post to spread some positivity and reinforce that it IS possible to get the phone you truly want, if you're willing to be diligent enough, before December.

Basically, the phone was being held for a preorder reservation but since the person never showed up the rep told me yesterday to call in this morning when he got in to see if it was still available and shockingly IT WAS.

I am so thrilled to now be the proud owner of a 128GB JB Plus! Keep trying guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Same story as you. Was able to get a JB 7+ 256 from Target. Someone did not pick up their preorder. There was not many of these anywhere.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Don't forget that the Target iPhones are subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy so if you activate them for the first time using an active Verizon SIM card or an inactive Verizon SIM card over WiFi they are unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: powerocool

hoveowl

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2003
I had something like this happen. I had a matt black 7 delivered on release day and loved it. However, yesterday I saw a jet black for the first time, in a Apple store, and was blown away. I asked if they had any in stock, the answer was 'yes' so I bought it and they let me return the matt black, way past the 14 days.

We'll see how it does for scratches.

Reactions: Jetcat3

lax28

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2014
New Jersey
Awesome, I got the exact same phone. I've had it for 3 weeks now and it still looks great. I use it both with and without a clear case depending on my mode. No scratches yet (knock on wood)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.