Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Hello all this is my first post in the Photography forum, I am by no means a professional photographer, and my camera is not top of the line (HP 2.0MP) but I thought I would share some pics anyway. What do you think of them? Not so much quality cause my camera sucks, but overall?

HPIM1220.jpg

HPIM0725.jpg

Hpim0552.jpg

Hpim0198small_1.jpg

HPIM0125.jpg

HPIM0110.jpg

HPIM0108.jpg

17.jpg

I love this one

HPIM0342.jpg

They don't compare with some of the pictures I've seen on here but im proud of them :) I would like to get more into photography once I can get a better camera.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Those aren't bad. A slightly higher MP camera would be a step in the right direction, but you have a good eye for color.

Some of the outdoor sunlight pictures are over-exposed, or just too bright in general. Try fiddling with your camera settings next time you're out and see what happens. See if you can change the white balance to daylight and then try it.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Thanks for the positive feedback, I was expecting everone to say they look like crap :) LOL. I do wan't to get a nicer camera at some point, but nothing too crazy, I was looking at Sony, my friend has one and likes it. Any thoughts?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
calebjohnston said:
Those aren't bad. A slightly higher MP camera would be a step in the right direction, but you have a good eye for color.

Some of the outdoor sunlight pictures are over-exposed, or just too bright in general. Try fiddling with your camera settings next time you're out and see what happens. See if you can change the white balance to daylight and then try it.

Megapixels are important...up to a point. This is a good article about it:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

Megapixel count isn't nearly as important as camera companies make it seem. :)

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I generally distrust pictures of nature, but the last photo is beautifully threatening.

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
i assume you have larger versions of them available for folks who want them as desktops?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.