Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmsdbdl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Amsterdam, Netherland
This week I found about Keep It. It’s a super friendly note-taking app. In fact, I think it fits into the category of resource management, quite similar to the DEVONthink instead of the Evernote.

It’s a native iOS and macOS app, with nice systems integrations, encryption, tag support, etc. One of the things that I really like is that it suppers Markdown, Plain Text and Rich Text. Also, everything in the app is being saved on iCloud Drive as files, so you can just open every notes, photos or documents with other apps, edit them and it’ll show up in the app.

So far, I’m liking it a lot. Have you heard of it? It's actually the successor of Together.

rfog

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Netherlands
Yes, it is the successor of Together, by no reason. Seems developer got tired of Together.

I was using Together but had a lot of synchronization problems between iOS and macOS to the level to stop using it. Developer was friendly but weren't able to resolve the issues.

And then he released Keep It in subscription model, with less options... I was looking for an alternative to Together, and the new app with less options and subscription was the last stone in the ship to sink it.

More or less that time I found DEVONthink, started to use it and never returned to Together, Keep It or Evernote.

mrmsdbdl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Amsterdam, Netherland
I was using Together but had a lot of synchronization problems between iOS and macOS to the level to stop using it.

I've not noticed anything yet. Currently, the app uses iCloud, CloudKit, and it's working nicely. I hope it stays like that.

I've tried DEVONthink but I just cannot deal with it's complexity and it's ancient UI, I hope I could but it's just too complicated and cumbersome. I've heard that they are working on a new version, but then I don't think it'd be in near future.

rfog

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Netherlands
When I started to using it, it worked flawlessly, but over the time it started to not to sync files or having conflicts, and I used to wait until syncs before closing the app, both in iOS and macOS, as I do with DT.

However, I suppose they will have a lot of happy customers without problems, as the program is a well valued one.

And yes, DT is a little bit too much cumbersome, but is robust like hell and never gave me a problem, and currently I have about 400GB of indexed items and about 10 GB of locally stored items in the internal DB. Using own DT metrics, my DB has about 15000 items, 6.5 millions of unique words and 500 million of total words...

mrmsdbdl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Amsterdam, Netherland
And yes, DT is a little bit too much cumbersome, but is robust like hell and never gave me a problem, and currently I have about 400GB of indexed items and about 10 GB of locally stored items in the internal DB. Using own DT metrics, my DB has about 15000 items, 6.5 millions of unique words and 500 million of total words...

That's really impressive, I honestly don't expect many apps can handle that much of the data flawlessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.