Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sasha.danielle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Hi all,

I picked up a 12.9 iPad pro with smart keyboard. I found I was getting keyboard lag in Microsoft Word when using track changes. Unfortunately because I bought the machine nearly two weeks before I didn't have much time to play around with the machine before losing my return window. So I returned both the machine and the keyboard. I was able to determine that track changes worked fine without lag when just typing on the screen. So I do know the problem is at least to do with the keyboard interaction with Word but I don't know if it's app-specific. I realised after I'd returned it that I also have updated to iOS 11.

Because I didn't fully test things out I'm tempted to try another machine, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I'm an editor so this lag is pretty important. However, my funds are a bit tapped right now so I don't have enough to spend on a new MacBook. I also have an extreme sensitivity to mould so any machine I buy had to be ranked other wise they machine contaminates too easily. My only other options are the more expensive MacBook or a Surface Pro (the new i5s don't have fans).

Has anybody had this problem with lag?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.