Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SazzaF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2019
UK
I just installed the latest app version on iPad and MBP and now I can't use my iPad to control a keynote presentation. After a few slides the app shuts down on the iPad and restarting it takes ages to get back to where I was.

I have tried removing the app from my iPad, shutting down, reinstalling the app, shutting down again, restarting then running the app - same problem. I've also re-paired the iPad with the MacBook.

It seems to be connected with showing the Presenter Notes on the iPad. This seems to cause a delay in communicating with the MBP, meaning that the Current Screen image and the Presenter Notes screen remain blank for 10-15 seconds. Once this starts happening, after a few slide changes the app crashes.

I checked the app on my iPhone and whilst I still get the lagging it doesn't crash.

It's been working absolutely fine, week in, week out for the last 18 months and now this update seem to have made it non-functional!

Also, for info, I'm have plenty of memory on all devices and I'm working across a newish wifi set up with no other users on it.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I just installed the latest app version on iPad and MBP and now I can't use my iPad to control a keynote presentation. After a few slides the app shuts down on the iPad and restarting it takes ages to get back to where I was.

I have tried removing the app from my iPad, shutting down, reinstalling the app, shutting down again, restarting then running the app - same problem. I've also re-paired the iPad with the MacBook.

It seems to be connected with showing the Presenter Notes on the iPad. This seems to cause a delay in communicating with the MBP, meaning that the Current Screen image and the Presenter Notes screen remain blank for 10-15 seconds. Once this starts happening, after a few slide changes the app crashes.

I checked the app on my iPhone and whilst I still get the lagging it doesn't crash.

It's been working absolutely fine, week in, week out for the last 18 months and now this update seem to have made it non-functional!

Also, for info, I'm have plenty of memory on all devices and I'm working across a newish wifi set up with no other users on it.
It’s a bug.

SazzaF

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2019
UK
After a long conversation with a Senior Tech Support yesterday, Apple have released Keynote 5.01 which fixes the problem :)

So yes, bug in Keynote for iOS 5.0, now fixed.

arfung

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2015
I had this problem as well (iPhone to control Keynote on iPad) - constant crashes. The update released yesterday seems to fix the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.