Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Styxie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Holland
I can't for the life of me figure this one out. When I assign a keyword to my photo, it adds a little icon on the bottom right hand of photo. I want it to show the keyword in words on the bottom (where it now says IMG_####). I know this is possible, the guy in the tutorial has it like that. So how do I do this?

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Preferences > Metadata > Browser > (Set 1 or Set 2)

Then choose what you want displaced and where you want it displayed. It should be better placed, and I'd like better options (such as text size)

craig4568

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
North Yorkshire
Aperture and keywords

Hi tried that no joy im pulling my hair out here

ive tried editing all the basic and extended metadata options and so far i have managed to get the key words to show up on one photo at a time with a colour label.

To do this i have to go to the metadata tab on the left add a custom field to the general tab called it keywords to keep things simple lol.

This is the only way of getting my keyword to appear below the photo

However when i try and tag all the photos in the project with the same keyword and label it only tags the last one in the project ive held down cmd /option /ctrl nothing / some of these just tag one random picture with the metadata

i thank you guys in advance for your help

Craig

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Hi tried that no joy im pulling my hair out here

ive tried editing all the basic and extended metadata options and so far i have managed to get the key words to show up on one photo at a time with a colour label.

To do this i have to go to the metadata tab on the left add a custom field to the general tab called it keywords to keep things simple lol.

This is the only way of getting my keyword to appear below the photo

However when i try and tag all the photos in the project with the same keyword and label it only tags the last one in the project ive held down cmd /option /ctrl nothing / some of these just tag one random picture with the metadata

i thank you guys in advance for your help

Craig

Tagging multiple photos is a little odd, you have to use the left metadata tools to stamp the keywords onto each photo (or a group of selected photos). It's weird at first but it's actually kind of nice once you get used to it.

Now then, as for showing keywords under photos I spent a bit of time and figured it out.
Hit Command-J to bring up the view options. Make sure you have the Grid View-Expanded up and make sure keywords is in the list to the right. Now move it above the version name. This will ensure that keywords are displayed.
Here's a screen shot for reference: http://cl.ly/1aFV

Finally, hit the 'U' key to show metadata (if the images get bigger and no metadata is displayed after hitting 'U' hit it again). Now hit Shift-U to toggle between Basic view (which should show the version name) and Expanded view (which should show keywords).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.